Before You Begin
You must have an electronic copy of the page of your Passport with your picture on it or an electronic copy of your EU National ID card. This document can be in any file format such as JPEG, PDF, Word, etc.
To register, you must complete the following 5 steps:
- Create an Account to set up a username & password (save this information!)
- Provide full name, contact information, and emergency contact information
- Upload the electronic copy of the page of your passport with your picture on it or the electronic copy of your EU National ID card in any file format such as JPEG, PDF, Word, etc.
- Make payment of $300 USD (so have your credit card at the ready)
- Sign and date the on-line ‘Program Conditions and Release Statement’ form for the WESIPS Conference.
Passports & Visas
To travel to Spain, you need a valid passport.
If you have a passport, verify that: (1) it will be valid through your Spain travel dates and (2) that it will be valid for at least six months after your travel to Spain concludes.
If you do not have a valid passport, apply for one immediately!
If you your passport will expire through your Spain travel dates or if it will expire within six months after your travel to Spain concludes, apply for one immediately!
It can take up to 4-6 weeks to receive your passport. Expedited service requires about 2-3 weeks. The U.S. State Department’s website provides details on passports and current processing times: http://travel.state.gov or you may also inquire via telephone at (877) 487-2778.
Please note that if you travel to Spain for less than three months you do not require a visa.
Non U.S. citizens should contact the appropriate government agency in their home country for relevant passport and visa information. The best place to start is the Spanish consulate in your home city. You will need a valid EU National ID card or a valid passport to register for the conference.