This scholarship is specially designed for students with a strong passion for the Spanish language. Strong preference will be given to students who demonstrate great dedication to their study of Spanish both in and out of the classroom.
Prompt: For this essay, share a personal life story that demonstrates your dedication to learning Spanish and how you have gone above and beyond in your acquisition of the language.
This scholarship is specially designed for students from diverse backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in Study Abroad including, but not limited to the areas of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, age, religion, disabilities, as well as first generation students and non-traditional students.
Prompt: In this essay, describe a unique chapter in your life that has contributed to making you an applicant for this specific scholarship.
GPA Requirements and Award Amounts
|Merit Based Scholarship||Diversity Based Scholarship|
|Cumulative GPA Requirement:||3.5 GPA||3.0 GPA|
|Semester/Academic Year Awards:||$ 1,500.00|
|Summer/January Awards:||$ 500.00|
The deadlines for both Spanish Studies Abroad Scholarships are the same as the regular program deadlines:
|Program Term||Program Application / Scholarship Deadlines|
|Academic Year||May 15|
|Fall Semester||May 15|
|Spring Semester||October 15|
|Spring Semester Jan Term||October 15|
|Jan Term||October 15|
|Any Summer Program||April 15|
- Students may apply for the Merit-Based or Diversity Scholarship prior to their acceptance to the program, but only accepted students may receive a scholarship.
- Receipt of a Spanish Studies Abroad Scholarship, as with all scholarship awards, may affect your overall financial aid package at your home institution.
- Late scholarship applications will not be considered. No exceptions.
- Students who are part of customized group programs through their home universities are not eligible for scholarships.
- Essay entries should be between 400 and 500 words and written in English.
- Please include your name, program, and home college or university in the top right-hand corner, and submit your completed scholarship application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Diversity Scholarship Essay” or Merit-Based Scholarship Essay” in the subject.
The Spanish Studies Abroad Alumni Scholar Fund was developed in 2004 and designed to benefit returning students wishing to embark on an additional cross-cultural adventure with Spanish Studies Abroad. Spanish Studies now offers all alumni students a stipend to apply towards another Spanish Studies Abroad experience in Spain, Argentina, Puerto Rico, or Cuba.
Please note that all Spanish Studies Alumni who choose to attend an additional program with Spanish Studies Abroad will automatically receive the Alumni Scholarship. Alumni who receive an Alumni Scholarship are also eligible to apply for the Spanish Studies Abroad Scholarship Program.
|Program Term||Award Amounts|
|Seven-week Summer Term||$200|
|3 1/2 Week Summer or January Terms||$100|