In addition to the core academic courses offered by Spanish Studies Abroad, students also have the opportunity to participate in "Living the Culture" (LTC) courses to enhance their immersion experience.
To sign up for these courses, you may indicate interest on the Course Selection form in your Spanish Studies Abroad online account. Log in here!
Find your program location and term below to see which LTC courses* may be available.
Semester and Summer
- LTC 300UA: The Culture of Spanish Cuisine
- LTC 300UA-B: Introduction to Latin Dance and Flamenco
Additional offerings in the following subject matter may also be available:
- Beginning Windsurfing
- Scuba Diving
- Flamenco Percussion (semesters only)
- LTC 490G: The Culture of Spanish Cuisine
- SPDA 204: Regional Folk Dance
- LTC 490PS: Paddle Surf
- LTC 490D: Regional Folk Dance
- LTC 490S: Service Learning -- Pre-requisite: successful completion of at least 1 course in advanced Spanish. Placements available in Health Services, Museums, and NGOs. Letter grade.
- LTC 490AN: Argentine Popular Culture
All LTCs are graded Pass/Fail and are worth 1 credit (15 contact hours), unless otherwise noted. Please be aware that these courses include additional fees to cover travel, materials, and special presentations.
Once on-site, you may also choose to participate in affordable non-credit bearing activities, such as joining an athletic team or musical group. Past activities have included:
- Speaking partners with local students and professionals
- Cultural trips and tours
- Dance workshops
- Cooking workshops
- Spanish/Argentine film viewing
- Sports and leisure activities
For more information, contact us at info[at]spanishstudies.org