Why Spanish Studies Abroad?
Spanish Studies Abroad is not just any other study abroad provider. We are not an intermediary between institutions at home and abroad, but our own entity with programming specially-designed for students studying abroad.
Since 1969, Spanish Studies Abroad has designed its own innovative programming with a focus on academic integrity, Spanish language acquisition, and student integration into the local culture. We are constantly adapting and improving our programs through regular analysis and evolution to make sure we are providing our students with the greatest learning experience possible. Our dedicated faculty and staff provide personalized support to students every step of the way.
For students who want to learn Spanish and truly immerse themselves in another culture, Spanish Studies Abroad provides a fun, supportive, and challenging study abroad experience. Are you ready?
Academic Excellence in Study Abroad
- Variety of program models to suit student and institutional needs
- Innovative, dynamic, and broad curriculum
- Philosophy of maximizing student engagement through cross-cultural courses and activities
- Spanish-Only Policy
- Completion of the QUIP Review which demonstrates that our programming abroad meets the Standards of Good Pratice set by the Forum on Education Abroad.
- Active Membership and Quality Certifications through respected educational associations in in both the U.S. and Europe
A Higher Level of Student Support
- Application and pre-departure support from Spanish Studies programs associates
- On-site resident director and support staff
- Individual assistance with academics, homestays, and cultural issues
- Commitment to student safety
Flexibility in Working with Institutions
- Customized Programs: Short Term and Full Term programs designed in cooperation with professors from various institutions to best meet their academic objectives
- Affiliation: 80+ well-respected institutions. Each institution is represented on our Board of Advisors, which helps to guide the future of Spanish Studies Abroad.