The Summer Term consists of a four-week Intensive Language and Culture session. During this time, you take an intensive language and culture course, while discovering the culture and people of Puerto Rico. Advanced students may also choose to participate in an internship or service learning opportunity during their summer term.
The Spanish Studies Resident Director and staff guide you through this process of discovery by regular contact with Spanish Studies students and organizing special cultural activities. Students have the option to choose one 80-hour intensive language course, one or two 45-hour content courses, or an internship or service learning opportunity.
- Dedication to academic excellence
- Classes held Monday through Friday
- Intensive Spanish courses for all language levels
- Study visits included in program fees
- 3-6 semester credits
- 1 semester of college level Spanish or the equivalent (ex. highschool) for Summer Term 1, or 3 semesters of college level Spanish or the equivalent (ex. highschool) for Summer Term 2.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA overall
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old before program begins
- Enrollment in individual courses, especially language courses, may have additional prerequisites
Students at lower levels of Spanish take Oral Communication in Spanish as a Foreign Language (6 credits).
Students with higher levels of Spanish can choose courses in a variety of disciplines worth 3 credits each:
- Natural Sciences
- Business Administration
All courses are taught by Puerto Rican university professors.
Click here to see a list of undergraduate courses at USC. For specific course descriptions or questions regarding courses, please contact email@example.com.
Students will live on campus in single-sex dorms with Puerto Rican roommates. All dorms are double rooms, and come equipped with refrigerators, shared bathrooms and cooking facilities. Twenty-four hour security ensures the absolute safety of the students. Along with a main cafeteria and several snack bars, students will be able to take full advantage of the rich and delicious culinary culture in the town's many restaurants and eateries.