A Rich Urban Spanish Immersion Experience
As Spain’s second largest city, Barcelona embodies every quality of a European city. Experience the typical hustle and bustle of a busy city on La Rambla, take a stroll through one of the many barrios or enjoy any of its famous Mediterranean beaches. The urban city is host to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, attracting millions of tourists each year.
- Subtropical and Mediterranean climate
- Cosmopolitan coastal city
- World class arts and entertainment
- Famous for Gaudi, Dali, Miro and Picasso
- UNESCO World Heritage sights
- Beautiful Beaches
- Fashion Center
Guided direct enrollment at UPF
Guidance in synthesizing the immersion experience
- Opportunities for volunteer work starting Fall '13
Speaking Partner exchanges with local students
- Modern university facilities with full access, including clubs, organization, and events
- Day and overnight study trips and excursions
- On-site Resident Director and support staff
Staff escort available for medical visits
Courses taught in English, Spanish, and Catalan by UPF Staff
Spanish Studies Abroad and Universitat Pompeu Fabra have worked jointly to develop this special program.
Spanish Studies Abroad offers a variety of courses and "tracks" in Barcelona, Spain with the Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Our Barcelona program model is unique in that we have:
International Studies Program in English
Short-Term Program Options:Summer Term
All courses are designed to advance critical thinking, and mature, correct expression of Spanish language.
Customized ProgramsSpanish Studies Abroad also provides professors and faculty with the opportunity to create their own Customized Program. These programs are designed to be flexible and focused, according to the institution's needs.