Spanish Studies Abroad has provided unique learning experiences in the historic city of Seville, Spain since 1969. Since then, we have grown to providing programs in Alicante and Barcelona Spain; Córdoba, Argentina; San Juan, Puerto Rico and Havana, Cuba.
We invite you to expand your world-view through immersion in these fascinating cities. With a strong dedication to academic integrity and an emphasis on your personal growth, Spanish Studies has developed a reputation for the superior quality and value of its study abroad programming.
The mission of Spanish Studies Abroad is to promote our students’ in-depth understanding of Spanish-speaking countries through specifically designed and academically rigorous university-level and cultural travel programs. All of our students cross cultural boundaries to live as members of another culture and thus to learn about others as they learn about themselves.
Spanish Studies Abroad believes that a diverse student body enriches each individual experience by guiding students to learn about others as they learn about themselves. In accordance with our mission to encourage our students to cross cultural boundaries, Spanish Studies promotes equal opportunities within our programs and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, physical ability, gender, sexual orientation, or other characteristics. We believe in educating students on cultural tolerance and sensitivity, acceptance of differences, inclusiveness, and how diversity is viewed in other cultures.
- Forum on Education Abroad: Recognized by the U.S. government as the Standards Development Organization for education abroad, the Forum’s "Standards of Good Practice" are recognized as the definitive means by which the quality of education abroad programs may be judged. http://www.forumea.org
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators: NAFSA serves international educators and their institutions and organizations by setting standards of good practice, providing training and professional development opportunities, providing networking opportunities, and advocating for international education. www.nafsa.org
- FEDELE: Spanish Federation of Associations of Spanish Schools for Foreigners: FEDELE member schools are dedicated to the full range of teaching Spanish language, cultural diversity, and history. FEDELE defines standards for quality in academics, as well as in additional services, such as installations, teaching staff, programs, lodging, reception, activities, insurance, etc. www.fedele.org
- ACEIA: Association of Andalucian Language Schools: Institutional members represent language schools in Southern Spain and participate in a wide range of training activities and training events for management and program administrative staff. www.aceia.es
- Quality Improvement Program for Education Abroad “QUIP”: Spanish Studies Abroad is one of the first study abroad providers to have completed the Forum on Education Abroad’s QUIP Review. By undergoing this process, we have demonstrated our conformity with the Forum’s “Standards of Good Practice.” We maintain a commitment to offering high quality programs in education abroad and to continuous assessment and improvement.
- ISO: International Organization for Standardization: Spanish Studies Abroad has been certified according to the requirements of the standard ISO 9001: 2000 for the design and development of its Cross-Cultural Educational programs. ISO is the world’s largest developer of International Standards and is increasingly recognized as a leader of standardization for higher education internationally. http://www.iso.org/iso/home/about/training-technical-assistance/standards-in-education.htm.
- CONTINUED ASSESSMENT: In addition to regular student and self-evaluations, Spanish Studies incorporates the Global Perspectives Inventory into our curriculum, so that we may measure our students’ cultural growth and develop our curriculum accordingly. For more information on the Global Perspectives Inventory, visit: https://gpi.central.edu/index.cfm.