Spanish Studies Abroad students in Barcelona study onsite at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). The university has extensive experience working with international students and offers quality education in many different disciplines. Although it is a fairly new university (founded in 1990), in 2010 it was named an International Campus of Excellence by the Spanish Ministry of Education and has become one of the best universities in Spain. UPF offers several different "tracks" which cater directly to what our students are looking for in their study abroad experience.
Along with the resources provided by UPF, our students benefit from having an on-site Resident Director who teaches the Spanish Studies Abroad cultural integration course "Social Realities of Spain," assists students with cultural and logistical challenges of studying abroad, and organizes Spanish Studies Abroad site visits and events.
Through university coursework, homestays with Catalonian families, and multiple cross-cultural opportunities, students will find Spanish Studies Abroad in Barcelona to be a highly immersive and integrated study abroad experience.
Why Choose this program?
- Classes in English, Spanish, or Catalan
- Fall, Spring, or Academic Year
- 2-week intensive language and culture period
- Courses in Hispanic and European Studies, International Business, Legal Studies (Political Science), and Design
- Access to integrated university classes taught in Spanish
- 12-18 credits per semester
- Full access to university facilities
- 3.0 overall GPA and 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework
- Class standing junior or senior during program
- 1 semester of advanced-level Spanish or the equivalent, or heritage speaker