The Integrated Studies program offers students the best combination of cultural preparation, specially designed courses, and guided direct enrollment at local universities. Designed for the advanced student that has completed two semesters of advanced college Spanish, students combine study at the Spanish Studies Abroad Center with courses at Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide.
At the Center you immerse yourself in Spanish language and culture through courses specially designed for non-Spanish students, while fulfilling the requirements needed for Spanish, international studies, business, education and other majors. In addition to living in a Spanish home, you are given the opportunity to participate in a full array of study tours, cultural events, and social activities. At the Center, you also benefit from the expertise of the staff, who guide you to more fully immerse yourself in the sevillano community through volunteer work, local clubs, internships, etc.
In addition to your regular classes at the Center, you also take one to three courses at one of Seville's well-known universities - Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide. Students choose courses from the universities' many disciplines, including humanities, science and technology, social science and justice, health science, and education. Since you are enrolled in a course at the university, you enjoy the benefits of the resources and clubs offered at the university, with many opportunities to interact with local Spanish students.
- Dedication to academic excellence
- Fall, Spring, or Academic Year Programs
- Semesters begin with an intensive language and culture period (Monday-Friday)
- After the intensive period, students take 1-3 courses at the Center in Seville, as well as 1-3 courses at Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide. Classes generally meet Monday-Thursday, while university course schedules are determined by the institution.
- Average class size: 10-12
- 14 - 18 semester credits
- 12-15 hours of tutoring
- the completion of two semesters of advanced college-level Spanish or the equivalent, and/or heritage speakers of Spanish
- 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework required
Options for Experiential Learning:
All courses are taught in Spanish by highly qualified Spanish university professors with extensive experience in teaching American students.
Students may select to live with a local host family or in a student residencia*
*Residencia spaces are limited and students with special health and dietarty needs have first priority